Employee Support Coaching & Resume Services – UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Coaching is a partnership where one works closely with a trained, objective ally to move forward and achieve goals. During sessions, Kerri’s clients gain clarity, insight, direction, and tools; they develop action plans and receive both accountability and encouragement. Further, no matter their coaching goal, her clients develop a strong sense of who they are and what they are capable of.
Since 2004, Kerri K. Yates, CPCC has been utilizing her exceptionally personal style of coaching to move her clients forward. She is:
- Certified by the Coaches Training Institute (CTI) in Co-Active Coaching
- A graduate of Wellesley College (Anthropology)
- A former business owner (started and sold a high-tech and a family services org.)
- A former head of HR
- A well-known resume expert
Kerri works successfully with clients with a variety of goals, both personal and career-focused (they always intertwine). She:
- Helps you develop a concise action plan
- Sees what you are capable of (identifies your passions and parameters)
- Holds you accountable to what you want to achieve.
When you loose sight of your gifts, Kerri places them in front of you. When you need to be pushed, she presents objective accounts of your limiting beliefs and then calls you forward towards your best actions. She is your advocate, cheerleader, and ‘safe space’ to explore what is possible and then make it happen.
- Coaching is Not Counseling: Unlike counseling, coaching focuses on moving forward rather than negotiating and healing past experiences or psychological traumas. Coaching assumes that the client is whole and fully capable of achieving his or her goals; he or she does not need to be “fixed.” Past experiences are, however, honored as being part of where the client is right now.
- Coaching is more than speaking with a friend: A coach is highly trained and does not provide advice. Instead, the coach supports and assists his the client in moving him or herself forward through proven and studied methodologies. As an objective ally, the coach has the freedom to hold the client accountable and offer greater honesty than a friend might. In turn, the client is expected to be blunt with the coach in ways that he or she cannot usually interact with others. This honesty generates forward movement rapidly and offers the client a place to practice being his or her own advocate.
Common Reasons to Seek Coaching:
- “I feel stuck!”
- “I want to do more with my life!”
- “I don’t know how to move forward.”
- “I have all this energy but I don’t know where to put it!”
- “I need clarity.”
- “I want to achieve this goal.”
- “I’m unsure of what I want to do.”
- “I don’t know how to…”
- “I can’t seem to figure this out.”
- “I am having trouble achieving what I want!”
- “I need accountability to make this happen.”
- And more…
Examples of Specific Topics Kerri Has Addressed With Clients:
- Vocational Direction Identification
- Career Change
- Job Searching
- Workforce Re-Entry
- Business Envisioning, Definition, Development, and Expansion
- Health & Recovery
- Navigating Transitions
- Life Balance
- And more…
- How Do Sessions Work? The agenda is set by the client for each session except the first (unless otherwise decided upon together). Kerri will ask powerful questions and tell you honestly what she is hearing you say. She will help you to dig deep within yourself and will support you as you decide how to go forward. She will then suggest progressive challenges to work on and hold you accountable for completing them if it serves you to do so.
- Does it Work Via the Phone? Yes, especially as some clients feel more able to be fully honest and open without visual distractions.
- How Long Does Coaching Last? Many clients achieve their plans in three sessions; three months, however, is the ideal length of time. It depends on the topic and, moreover, how active the client is in following through on their challenges combined with his or her eagerness to move forward.
- Why Coaching Achievements Last: Coaching asks for the client to be the source of change so that the forward movement is not dependent on the coaching relationship to continue. Clients also gain tools that they can consistently apply to their own lives. All said, Kerri’s coaching clients learn to also coach themselves.
Kerri takes clients via telephone or in person in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Contact: email@example.com, 303-709-6748
- Introductory Package: One 90-minute and two 50-minute sessions. $300.00
- Set of Three Sessions: three 50-minute sessions. $285.00
- Single Coaching Session: 50-minute session. $110.00/session
- Single Power Session: 90-minute session. $150.00/session
Scholarship Rates: Kerri maintains a number of scholarship slots to make her coaching available to as many people as possible. Please email her and request a slot. If one is open, she will give it to you or she will put you on her waiting list.
I really liked your approach of encouraging me to look inside myself, to get in touch with feelings that I already have about a new career and who I am in this sense. The coaching session left me feeling like I had connected with something “truer” to myself, and our exchange felt much more “emotional” than “mental”. I also appreciated your follow-up e-mail, especially the summary of values I had mentioned during the session – it made me feel really listened to!
Kerri has been my coach for almost five months now and she has made a marvelous difference in my life. She is a joy as well as an excellent coach. I’ve had other coaches in the past, but never have I felt such kinship, aliveness and genuine championing of my ideas as I have with Kerri. Kerri was recommended to me and I can genuinely recommend her if you are seeking a coach with sensitivity, insight and passion who loves to laugh. I recommend her both for the results I have achieved though her coaching and from my heart because she is also a warm and lovely person.
I have to thank you for another great session. Each session really energizes me more and more and makes me realize that I am really someone that has skills and abilities …I feel really good about myself and know that I wouldn’t be feeling this way if I hadn’t started coaching with you. I still can’t believe how I discovered you were coaching and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Thank you.
I have coached with Kerri for almost a year now. I have found her to be a compassionate, sensitive person, who hears beyond the words I am saying and has helped me get to the heart of the matters that I have been dealing with. She has the ability to gently point out issues that need to be dealt with, and has helped me take ownership and management of issues in my life that have needed to be resolved. She is my biggest cheerleader, and I look forward to each of our coaching sessions so that we can celebrate together the progress I am making. I feel very safe with her and know that I can say what I am thinking and she will never judge or reject me. I …feel blessed to have her in my life as both a coach and now a friend.
Kerri started out as my coach, and I now count her as a close friend too. I am so grateful that I have had the privilege to work with her. She has been an encouragement, confidant and supportive mentor and friend. She is an inspiration to me and I have grown and moved forward in my life thanks to her support and coaching.
Wow, I always feel so balanced when I get off the phone with you, like things are more positive and accessible. Thanks. Really, it changes my outlook on my future.
Kerri has built a successful private coaching practice and has also been a featured speaker at several public events. She is a savvy business woman, and radiates grace and elegance in all that she does…Kerri has frequently mentored and coached me, specifically on how to grow my business. She has the ability to get right to the heart of the matter each and every time. She is curious and probably makes me laugh more than anyone else in my life! What strikes me most about Kerri is her ability to connect in an intuitive way with others, her heartfelt kindness, her depth of character, her wisdom beyond her years.
Kerri was fantastic! Really opened my eyes to things I never knew about myself.
I highly recommend my current coach, Kerri Yates …I admire her non-judgmental courage in going anywhere in the coaching that I need to go. She also provides me with her insight in a very supportive way… she is helping me surface what is important.
…When I lost my job due to a budget cut, I was devastated…I didn’t know if I had marketable skills or to what degree…She listened closely to my situation, immediately giving me the feeling that, as personal as my situation was, it also was something that so many people shared. Asking the right questions, she helped me understand that I do, in fact, have a unique skill set that not only is quite marketable but is really far more valuable even than a price tag or a job title can do justice…I am enjoying myself more than I ever have…Kerri has helped me to transform my life, to be respectful of my own boundaries and needs, to clarify my values, and to continue to live with integrity. Her tremendous ability to connect the dots, her commitment to my growth, and her keen business acumen are a potent force for making a difference in people’s lives.
You have no idea how wonderful it felt leaving your office, such a weight lifted and that feeling of heading in the right direction.
Kerri has the gift that transforms lives from just living to living your dreams. Her soft, passionate, and straightforward demeanor embraces her clients to open up their hearts and minds to know they can achieve…My Life has been transformed to living my dreams, and Kerri’s coaching allowed me to achieve them!
She [Kerri Yates] is fully present, energetic, invested in her clients, a great listener and distiller. She is fully qualified to draw information out and weave it into something powerful.
I met Kerri Yates in passing outside Mt. Pleasant and was immediately struck by her present and authentic nature. After our conversation meandered for a bit and she filled me into what she did for a living, we exchanged information and she encouraged me to reach out to start a "conversation" with her. It took me sometime to finally reach out and schedule a meeting but I am so glad I did. As a "wanderful" individual who is looking for a bit of direction with a hunch of where I want to go--Kerri provided an invaluable space in which I could lay everything out and have someone else peek in to help distill it all into a meaningful form. Kerri's insight and ability to catch onto the most subtle of cues, bringing into focus their implications, is refreshing and was --initially-- slightly unsettling. But obviously in the best way possible: she drew my attention to commonalities--linking themes and relationship between my interests, previous pursuits and passions, as well as my skill sets --while helping me overlook things I saw as roadblocks which were preventing me from seeing the bigger picture. A conversation with Kerri, as cliché as it may sound, is like talking with an old friend. The level of care and intention she brings to her clients and their growth is unparalleled. Kerri and I are still laying some of the groundwork for my own path but I am genuinely excited to see how conversations evolve and what directions I grow with Kerri's help and guidance. If you're feeling stalled out, unsure of next steps, or are staring into the big unknown after a life transition: ten out of ten would recommend Kerri as a guide, companion and adviser. She's in a class of her own and won't disappoint when it come to life perspective and ways to move forward purposefully in life.