Employee Support Coaching & Resume Services – UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Coaching is a partnership where one works closely with a trained, objective ally to move forward and achieve goals. During sessions, Kerri’s clients gain clarity, insight, direction, and tools; they develop action plans and receive both accountability and encouragement. Further, no matter their coaching goal, her clients develop a strong sense of who they are and what they are capable of.
Since 2004, Kerri K. Yates, CPCC has been utilizing her exceptionally personal style of coaching to move her clients forward. She is:
- Certified by the Coaches Training Institute (CTI) in Co-Active Coaching
- A graduate of Wellesley College (Anthropology)
- A former business owner (started and sold a high-tech and a family services org.)
- A former head of HR
- A well-known resume expert
Kerri works successfully with clients with a variety of goals, both personal and career-focused (they always intertwine). She:
- Helps you develop a concise action plan
- Sees what you are capable of (identifies your passions and parameters)
- Holds you accountable to what you want to achieve.
When you loose sight of your gifts, Kerri places them in front of you. When you need to be pushed, she presents objective accounts of your limiting beliefs and then calls you forward towards your best actions. She is your advocate, cheerleader, and ‘safe space’ to explore what is possible and then make it happen.
- Coaching is Not Counseling: Unlike counseling, coaching focuses on moving forward rather than negotiating and healing past experiences or psychological traumas. Coaching assumes that the client is whole and fully capable of achieving his or her goals; he or she does not need to be “fixed.” Past experiences are, however, honored as being part of where the client is right now.
- Coaching is more than speaking with a friend: A coach is highly trained and does not provide advice. Instead, the coach supports and assists his the client in moving him or herself forward through proven and studied methodologies. As an objective ally, the coach has the freedom to hold the client accountable and offer greater honesty than a friend might. In turn, the client is expected to be blunt with the coach in ways that he or she cannot usually interact with others. This honesty generates forward movement rapidly and offers the client a place to practice being his or her own advocate.
Common Reasons to Seek Coaching:
- “I feel stuck!”
- “I want to do more with my life!”
- “I don’t know how to move forward.”
- “I have all this energy but I don’t know where to put it!”
- “I need clarity.”
- “I want to achieve this goal.”
- “I’m unsure of what I want to do.”
- “I don’t know how to…”
- “I can’t seem to figure this out.”
- “I am having trouble achieving what I want!”
- “I need accountability to make this happen.”
- And more…
Examples of Specific Topics Kerri Has Addressed With Clients:
- Vocational Direction Identification
- Career Change
- Job Searching
- Workforce Re-Entry
- Business Envisioning, Definition, Development, and Expansion
- Health & Recovery
- Navigating Transitions
- Life Balance
- And more…
- How Do Sessions Work? The agenda is set by the client for each session except the first (unless otherwise decided upon together). Kerri will ask powerful questions and tell you honestly what she is hearing you say. She will help you to dig deep within yourself and will support you as you decide how to go forward. She will then suggest progressive challenges to work on and hold you accountable for completing them if it serves you to do so.
- Does it Work Via the Phone? Yes, especially as some clients feel more able to be fully honest and open without visual distractions.
- How Long Does Coaching Last? Many clients achieve their plans in three sessions; three months, however, is the ideal length of time. It depends on the topic and, moreover, how active the client is in following through on their challenges combined with his or her eagerness to move forward.
- Why Coaching Achievements Last: Coaching asks for the client to be the source of change so that the forward movement is not dependent on the coaching relationship to continue. Clients also gain tools that they can consistently apply to their own lives. All said, Kerri’s coaching clients learn to also coach themselves.
Kerri takes clients via telephone or in person in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Contact: email@example.com, 303-709-6748
- Introductory Package: One 90-minute and two 50-minute sessions. $300.00
- Set of Three Sessions: three 50-minute sessions. $285.00
- Single Coaching Session: 50-minute session. $110.00/session
- Single Power Session: 90-minute session. $150.00/session
Scholarship Rates: Kerri maintains a number of scholarship slots to make her coaching available to as many people as possible. Please email her and request a slot. If one is open, she will give it to you or she will put you on her waiting list.
SIGN UP VIA EMAIL: Click here for special promotion announcements, plus career search and resume advice.
…When I lost my job due to a budget cut, I was devastated…I didn’t know if I had marketable skills or to what degree…She listened closely to my situation, immediately giving me the feeling that, as personal as my situation was, it also was something that so many people shared. Asking the right questions, she helped me understand that I do, in fact, have a unique skill set that not only is quite marketable but is really far more valuable even than a price tag or a job title can do justice…I am enjoying myself more than I ever have…Kerri has helped me to transform my life, to be respectful of my own boundaries and needs, to clarify my values, and to continue to live with integrity. Her tremendous ability to connect the dots, her commitment to my growth, and her keen business acumen are a potent force for making a difference in people’s lives.
This team has been a Godsend for me, having spent 20+ years at the same company. Sarah just put together a fabulous resume and cover letter for me! As I am not good at self-promoting, she really helped to point out my qualities without making me sound fake (or obnoxious). Sarah was extremely patient with my schedule and truly, she was just so great to work with during the entire process. I am looking forward to my future sessions with Kerri, as I came out of our first session feeling excited, as well as absolute relief that I am not alone in trying to figure this out.
Kerri's insight and ability to catch onto the most subtle of cues, bringing into focus their implications, is refreshing and was --initially-- slightly unsettling. But obviously in the best way possible: she drew my attention to commonalities--linking themes and relationship between my interests, previous pursuits and passions, as well as my skill sets --while helping me overlook things I saw as roadblocks which were preventing me from seeing the bigger picture. A conversation with Kerri, as cliché as it may sound, is like talking with an old friend. The level of care and intention she brings to her clients and their growth is unparalleled...ten out of ten would recommend Kerri as a guide, companion and adviser. She's in a class of her own and won't disappoint when it come to life perspective and ways to move forward purposefully in life.
The lovely Kerri is the face of her coaching program and the gracious Sarah is the one who helps schedule everything you might need in order to boost your resume and or linked in. Together, both of these women work seamlessly, tirelessly, and flawlessly. Their attitudes are infectious and will definitely make you want to be more "like them". By that, I mean, they want you to succeed and will never fail to go the extra mile for their clients to help them discover how powerful we all are as individuals and especially when we ask for help. You're never too old to ask for assistance from anyone! I love these women and what they do! WELL DONE KERRI AND SARAH!
Kerri is simply the best career coach and resume expert I have used in my entire career. After being employed for 12 years on my last job, the entire recruitment scenario changed, making it much harder to land the first interview. It's virtually impossible today to find a trustworthy modern technical management resume writer, without hiring someone then regretting the cost and the work they did. There are so many out there and it's hard to know if they are reputable. Kerri came through in understanding how today's screening technology works, as well as understanding the Information Technology Manager domain, and how to properly highlight and format for easy reading. Her resume writing got me through several rounds of interviews. In addition to writing several resumes for me - she took the time to show me how I can do this myself. I highly recommend Kerri to help mentor you through these immensely uncertain economic times. She will ensure the interviews keep coming!
I researched several professional resume writers / career coaches in the area and, ultimately, reached out to Kerri based on her "web presence", 5-star reviews, and the personal response she thoughtfully drafted to each client's comments. I am thrilled to share she STILL far exceeded my expectations! After leaving my company of 17+ years, Kerri challenged me to dig deep, reflect on personal values, and then helped explore how I could intertwine those into various professional roles. She provided guidance to craft an impressive resume and encouraged me to be courageous in the positions I pursued, continually reiterating my experience would speak for itself. I am so grateful for her knowledge, expertise, and reassurance, as I am now actively interviewing for a very exciting job opportunity! Kerri is also uniquely adept in forming personal connections so, while you are paying for a service, you leave feeling you have made a new friend. If you are considering a career coach or need a professional resume, look no further….the search stops here!
Kerri changed the way I think about myself! I emailed her just needing someone to help me update my LinkedIn profile because I was making new networking connections with a dull, boring profile. I thought it would be a one and done kinda thing. Boy, was I surprised! In my “interview” with Kerri, she challenged me to think about what I do and my successes I have accomplished so far (so she could tell a great story on my profile). Then when my role changed at work and I felt helpless and frustrated, she once again challenged me on what I have done, where I want to go and who I want to be. I ultimately was able to stay at the company with a new role that takes me in new and different level. She is a wonderful connection to have and I look forward to checking in with her as my career progresses.
Compassionate, validating, warm, insightful, transformation-inducing. . . these are just a few ways to describe the radiant human being and awesome coach who is Kerri. She's passionately committed to helping folks like me; lucky us! In my case, I needed to move productively from a less-than-optimal ending of a corporate job to becoming a freelancer. Kerri helped me deal with every facet of the transition and gave me invaluable suggestions, such as hiring a designer inexpensively on Upwork to make my new web site look more professional. She also vastly improved my already-decent resume. I will turn to Kerri if and when I need more career support or guidance; there's nobody better!