Christian Coaching: Career, Life, Identity, Self-Esteem, Faith Exploration & Expansion
Coaching is a partnership where one works closely with a highly-trained, objective ally to move forward and achieve goals. With Christian coaching, the work occurs within the framework of a biblically-based worldview.
With 15-years in practice, Kerri K. Yates, CPCC utilizes her exceptionally personal, open, and direct style of coaching to work successfully with clients on a variety of goals. Her approach addresses not only where her clients want to see forward movement or change in their lives, but also who they are, their motivations, values, and capabilities. As such, the results of coaching are lasting; her clients leave with a stronger sense of themselves, their abilities, and the unique techniques that work to keep themselves on track.
With every client she:
- Helps you uncover key aspects of who you were made to be (unearthing your true self)
- Explores where you are putting your energy, what truly motivates you, and what you really want
- Sees what you are capable of and holds it in front of you so that you can embrace your abilities and brilliance, and move forward
- Uncovers and eliminates blocks
- Provides a safe space where you can practice healthy bluntness; saying no, asking for what you want, and expressing your true thoughts
- Works with you to develop a concise action plan
- Holds you accountable for what you want to achieve
When you lose sight of your gifts, Kerri places them in front of you. When you need to be pushed, she presents objective accounts of your limiting beliefs and then calls you forward towards your best actions. She is your advocate, cheerleader, and ‘safe space’ to explore what is possible and then make it happen.
“Across my decade and a half of coaching, I have been consistently amazed by what people are capable of. We are all fallible, but God has also made us astonishingly wonderful (Psalm 139:14). When given the right questions and a safe, open, constructive space to explore them, I have watched over and over as clients discover that they know so much more than they realize and that they already possess what they need to fulfill their goals and thrive. In a world that is making us feel unsettled and unsafe, I have the joy of seeing how stunning people are on a daily basis. This work is a privilege and a gift from God, and I am so grateful to be able to walk with people in this way.” – Kerri K. Yates, CPCC
Kerri is Highly-Trained and Draws Upon a Variety of Vocational and Life Experiences to Propel her Clients Forward. Some of these include:
- Certified by the Internationally-renowned Coaches Training Institute (CTI) in Co-Active Coaching
- Built, Owned & Sold Several Businesses (high-tech, professional services).
- Worked as an Head of HR
- Achieved Resume Expert Status, with Globally-Located Clients
- Graduated from Wellesley College (Anthropology)
- Studied Theology, Spiritual Direction, and Apologetics in Master’s Program (Denver Seminary, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary)
- Active Motherhood
- Lived Overseas (Japan)
Coaching with Kerri is about You Being (and Speaking Openly as) Your Best Self:
Kerri is a skilled facilitator, but only you know the true answers to your questions. Further, only you–with God’s help–can choose to move forward. When in your interest, or when asked, Kerri can supply advice. However, she wants you to openly disagree (or agree) with her as part of the coaching process. When you say: “No,” she will applaud you for owning your path. Coaching is a wonderful place to practice speaking candidly about your needs, feelings, and choices without negative repercussions. You will even be celebrated for it!
Aspects of Our Christian Coaching Framework:
- We are carefully and intentionally designed by God with specific qualities and purposes
- We bear the image of God and by understanding what this looks like we can gain knowledge about who we are and how to move forward spiritually, vocationally, and personally
- We can access real, applicable knowledge in the Bible
- God is lovingly working on each of our behalfs
- We rely on prayer and spiritual practices as a means of seeking relationship with God, direction, guidance, protection, and expressions of gratitude
- We can expect forces (internal and external) to move against us as we pursue deep thriving in our lives. We can also access truth and seek God’s help to challenge and overcome these forces.
- Every single one of us has great, inherent, God-given value
Common Topics for Which to Seek Christian Coaching:
- Life Purpose/Calling Identification
- Vocational Direction & Passions Discovery
- Taking One’s Business, Career or Pursuit to the Next Level
- Faith Exploration
- Growing One’s Faith
- Self-Esteem/Self-Image Expansion
- Understanding & Utilizing One’s Gifts and Skills
- Career Assistance (Job Pursuit, Workforce Re-Entry, etc.)
- Business Envisioning, Definition, Development, and Expansion
- Relationship/Family-Related Goals and Issues
- Health & Recovery Challenges
- Transitions & Challenging-Time Navigation
- Self-Care & Stress Management
- Disorganization Remediation
- Life Balance Negotiating
- Defining What is Next in Life (post-retirement, etc.)
- And more…
- Coaching is Not Counseling: Unlike counseling, coaching focuses on moving forward rather than negotiating and healing past experiences or psychological traumas. Coaching assumes that the client is whole and fully capable of achieving his or her goals; he or she does not need to be “fixed.” Past experiences are, however, honored as being part of where the client is right now.
- Coaching is More than Speaking With a Friend: A coach is highly-trained and does not provide advice. Instead, the coach supports and assists the client in moving him or herself forward through proven and studied methodologies. As an objective ally, the coach has the freedom to hold the client accountable and offer greater honesty than a friend might. In turn, the client is expected to be blunt with the coach in ways that he or she cannot usually interact with others. This honesty generates forward movement rapidly and offers the client a place to practice being his or her own advocate.
- How Do Sessions Work? The agenda is set by the client for each session except the first (unless otherwise decided upon together). Kerri will ask powerful questions and tell you honestly what she is hearing you say. She will help you to dig deep within yourself and will support you as you decide how to go forward. She will then suggest progressive challenges to work on and hold you accountable for completing them if it serves you to do so.
- Does it Work Via the Phone or Skype? Yes! With the telephone, some clients feel more able to be fully honest and open without visual distractions. With Skype, if we are a good fit to meet your needs, we can work from anywhere!
- How Long Does Coaching Last? Many clients achieve their goal plans in three sessions. Three months, however, is the ideal length of time. It depends on the topic and how eager the client is to move forward.
- Coaching Achievements Last: Coaching asks for the client to be the source of change so that the forward movement is not dependent on the coaching relationship to continue. Clients also gain tools that they can consistently apply to their own lives. In sum, clients learn to coach themselves.
Please email Kerri to schedule a 20-minute complimentary consultation.
Kerri takes clients via telephone, Zoom, or in person in Mt. Pleasant, SC
- Single Coaching Session: 55-minute session. $150.00/session
- 25-Minute “Nail it” Phone Sessions for Existing Clients: 25-minute session. $75.00/session
- Single Power Session: 90-minute session. $200.00/session
Scholarship Rates: Kerri maintains a number of scholarship slots to make her coaching available to as many people as possible. Please email her and request a slot. If one is open, she will give it to you or she will put you on her waiting list.
I really liked your approach of encouraging me to look inside myself, to get in touch with feelings that I already have about a new career and who I am in this sense. The coaching session left me feeling like I had connected with something “truer” to myself, and our exchange felt much more “emotional” than “mental”. I also appreciated your follow-up e-mail, especially the summary of values I had mentioned during the session – it made me feel really listened to!
Kerri has been my coach for almost five months now and she has made a marvelous difference in my life. She is a joy as well as an excellent coach. I’ve had other coaches in the past, but never have I felt such kinship, aliveness and genuine championing of my ideas as I have with Kerri. Kerri was recommended to me and I can genuinely recommend her if you are seeking a coach with sensitivity, insight and passion who loves to laugh. I recommend her both for the results I have achieved though her coaching and from my heart because she is also a warm and lovely person.
I have to thank you for another great session. Each session really energizes me more and more and makes me realize that I am really someone that has skills and abilities …I feel really good about myself and know that I wouldn’t be feeling this way if I hadn’t started coaching with you. I still can’t believe how I discovered you were coaching and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Thank you.
I have coached with Kerri for almost a year now. I have found her to be a compassionate, sensitive person, who hears beyond the words I am saying and has helped me get to the heart of the matters that I have been dealing with. She has the ability to gently point out issues that need to be dealt with, and has helped me take ownership and management of issues in my life that have needed to be resolved. She is my biggest cheerleader, and I look forward to each of our coaching sessions so that we can celebrate together the progress I am making. I feel very safe with her and know that I can say what I am thinking and she will never judge or reject me. I …feel blessed to have her in my life as both a coach and now a friend.
Kerri started out as my coach, and I now count her as a close friend too. I am so grateful that I have had the privilege to work with her. She has been an encouragement, confidant and supportive mentor and friend. She is an inspiration to me and I have grown and moved forward in my life thanks to her support and coaching.
Wow, I always feel so balanced when I get off the phone with you, like things are more positive and accessible. Thanks. Really, it changes my outlook on my future.
Kerri has built a successful private coaching practice and has also been a featured speaker at several public events. She is a savvy business woman, and radiates grace and elegance in all that she does…Kerri has frequently mentored and coached me, specifically on how to grow my business. She has the ability to get right to the heart of the matter each and every time. She is curious and probably makes me laugh more than anyone else in my life! What strikes me most about Kerri is her ability to connect in an intuitive way with others, her heartfelt kindness, her depth of character, her wisdom beyond her years.
Kerri was fantastic! Really opened my eyes to things I never knew about myself.
I highly recommend my current coach, Kerri Yates …I admire her non-judgmental courage in going anywhere in the coaching that I need to go. She also provides me with her insight in a very supportive way… she is helping me surface what is important.
…When I lost my job due to a budget cut, I was devastated…I didn’t know if I had marketable skills or to what degree…She listened closely to my situation, immediately giving me the feeling that, as personal as my situation was, it also was something that so many people shared. Asking the right questions, she helped me understand that I do, in fact, have a unique skill set that not only is quite marketable but is really far more valuable even than a price tag or a job title can do justice…I am enjoying myself more than I ever have…Kerri has helped me to transform my life, to be respectful of my own boundaries and needs, to clarify my values, and to continue to live with integrity. Her tremendous ability to connect the dots, her commitment to my growth, and her keen business acumen are a potent force for making a difference in people’s lives.
You have no idea how wonderful it felt leaving your office, such a weight lifted and that feeling of heading in the right direction.
Kerri has the gift that transforms lives from just living to living your dreams. Her soft, passionate, and straightforward demeanor embraces her clients to open up their hearts and minds to know they can achieve…My Life has been transformed to living my dreams, and Kerri’s coaching allowed me to achieve them!
She [Kerri Yates] is fully present, energetic, invested in her clients, a great listener and distiller. She is fully qualified to draw information out and weave it into something powerful.
I met Kerri Yates in passing outside Mt. Pleasant and was immediately struck by her present and authentic nature. After our conversation meandered for a bit and she filled me into what she did for a living, we exchanged information and she encouraged me to reach out to start a "conversation" with her. It took me sometime to finally reach out and schedule a meeting but I am so glad I did. As a "wanderful" individual who is looking for a bit of direction with a hunch of where I want to go--Kerri provided an invaluable space in which I could lay everything out and have someone else peek in to help distill it all into a meaningful form. Kerri's insight and ability to catch onto the most subtle of cues, bringing into focus their implications, is refreshing and was --initially-- slightly unsettling. But obviously in the best way possible: she drew my attention to commonalities--linking themes and relationship between my interests, previous pursuits and passions, as well as my skill sets --while helping me overlook things I saw as roadblocks which were preventing me from seeing the bigger picture. A conversation with Kerri, as cliché as it may sound, is like talking with an old friend. The level of care and intention she brings to her clients and their growth is unparalleled. Kerri and I are still laying some of the groundwork for my own path but I am genuinely excited to see how conversations evolve and what directions I grow with Kerri's help and guidance. If you're feeling stalled out, unsure of next steps, or are staring into the big unknown after a life transition: ten out of ten would recommend Kerri as a guide, companion and adviser. She's in a class of her own and won't disappoint when it come to life perspective and ways to move forward purposefully in life.